This delicious Blueberry Overnight Oats recipe is an easy make ahead breakfast option. These creamy overnight oats are bursting with blueberries and a pop of brightness from the lemon zest.
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (old fashioned)
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 1/2 cup frozen wild blueberries (see note)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Optional toppings: fresh blueberries, toasted sliced or slivered almonds, coconut flakes, granola, etc.
- Mix: Stir together all the ingredients in a jar, container or bowl.
- Refrigerate: Cover and place in fridge overnight (or at least 3-4 hours).
- Add toppings: Add some of the optional toppings, grab a spoon and enjoy!
- I like to use a 16-oz wide mouth mason jar with plastic storage lid. There is enough space to mix the ingredients together directly in the jar with room left to add toppings the next day. Smaller jars like these ones are also great if you prefer to split the recipe up into smaller portions that are perfect for snacks or a small breakfast.
- Fresh or Frozen Blueberries: You can use either! I prefer to use frozen wild blueberries since they are easy to keep on hand and the smaller size of wild blueberries mixes through easily. The frozen blueberries will defrost as the overnight oats sit in the fridge and give the oats a beautiful purple color. If I also have fresh blueberries, I will add a few on top before serving.
- Storage: Up to 5 days in the fridge (in a sealed jar or container)
- Meal Prep: This is perfect for meal prep! A larger batch can either be made in one larger container or separated out into multiple single serving jars.
Keywords: blueberry overnight oats, healthy breakfast idea, meal prep breakfast, overnight oats with yogurt