A breakfast board (aka breakfast platter or breakfast charcuterie) is such a fun and beautiful way to serve breakfast or brunch! Learn how easy it is to assemble one and check out the post for lots of inspiration. Perfect for special occasions, entertaining or a relaxed weekend brunch!
- Main breakfast or brunch dish: pick one or a selection to be the star of the board (ideas include: waffles, pancakes, french toast, bagels, egg dish, etc.)
- Fruit or Vegetables: a variety of colourful fruits or veggies
- Sides: optional extras that complement your main dish like bacon, eggs, etc.
- Toppings or Spreads
- Special Equipment: A board, serving platter or other base and small bowls to hold toppings or spreads
- Gather your equipment: Start off by grabbing your board, platter or whatever base you are using and any small dishes that you will be filling with toppings or spreads.
- Prepare toppings and cold sides: Gather and prepare toppings. Place into small bowls or dishes if needed. Cut and prep any cold sides or ingredients like fruit and veggies.
- Prepare hot dishes: Cook or reheat any hot components.
- Assemble: Arrange everything on the board or platter. There is no right or wrong way to do this. My preference is to first place the small bowls of toppings down, followed by the large items and then fill in the gaps with fruit or small items.
- There are no rules! These are just the basic steps since the beauty of a breakfast board is how versatile and customizable they are. Get creative and have fun with it! Need some inspiration? Check out the post for lots of great ideas!
- Prep time, cook time and yield will vary depending on the types of foods you are including and the size of your board. It can be simple or elaborate, small or large. The possibilities are endless!
- Looking for a new board? I found lots of beautiful options at a variety of price points on Amazon and Etsy.
Keywords: breakfast board, breakfast charcuterie, breakfast platter, brunch board, brunch platter, grazing board