Looking for a balanced, nutritious, delicious and easy to make meal idea? Learn how to build a healthy nourish bowl using this simple formula. Great for lunch, dinner and meal prep!
- Leafy Greens (e.g. spinach, kale, arugula, mixed baby greens, romaine, leaf lettuce, swiss chard, sprouts, microgreens, etc.)
- Veggies: raw, roasted or grilled (e.g. carrots, cucumber, cabbage, zucchini, beets, mushrooms, peppers, radish, broccoli, cauliflower, snap peas, green beans, asparagus, etc.)
- Protein (e.g. nuts, seeds, beans, lentils, quinoa, tempeh, tofu, eggs, fish, quality meat*, etc.)
- Whole Food Carbs (e.g. sweet potatoes, quinoa, rice, corn, squash, whole grains, wild rice, beans, peas, etc.)
- Healthy Fats (e.g. avocado, nuts, seeds, olives, olive oil, tahini, salmon, etc.)
- Options include: homemade or quality store-bought dressings or sauces, fermented veggies like sauerkraut or kimchi, nuts, seeds, hemp hearts, salsa, hummus, fruit, cheese, guacamole, pesto, nutritional yeast, fresh lemon juice, herbs, spices, seasonings, etc.
These bowls are super versatile and do not require a specific recipe. Just 3 simple steps to easily build yourself a healthy and delicious meal. Get creative and have fun – the options are endless!
- Base of Leafy Greens: Start off by placing a couple handfuls of leafy greens in your bowl.
- Top with Veggies + Protein + Carbs + Healthy Fats: Add a variety of nutrient dense veggies, protein, carbs and healthy fats. You can sprinkle them on top or arrange them in neat little piles or stripes.
- Finish It Off With Add-Ons: Drizzle, scatter or scoop on some delicious add-ons to bring it all together.
- Customizable: These bowls can be customized to suit your personal tastes or dietary requirements (allergies, vegan, paleo, keto, etc.)
- Perfect for Meal Prep: These are great for meal prep since you just need to prep a variety of ingredients and then can mix and match to make a number of different nourish bowls.
- *Quality Meat: When choosing animal protein, focus on quality sources (e.g. great local farmers market, butcher, CSA program or meat subscription service like ButcherBox or truLOCAL).