This refreshing Cucumber Yogurt Salad recipe features all the flavors of tzatziki in salad form. It’s loaded with crunchy cucumbers, creamy Greek yogurt, fresh dill, garlic and lemon. A quick and easy side dish that is SO GOOD!
- 2 English cucumbers
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt (or plain yogurt)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 lemon, zested and juiced (approx. 1 tablespoon lemon juice)
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste (I use pink Himalayan or sea salt)
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Slice: Thinly slice the cucumbers with a mandoline, slicing side of a box grater, food processor with thin slice attachment or a knife.
- Make Dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients.
- Mix Together: Place the cucumber slices and dressing into a mixing bowl. Toss to combine.
- Serve or Chill: Serve immediately or place in the fridge to chill for up to 30 minutes before serving.
- Safety Tip: If you are using a mandoline to slice the cucumbers, I highly recommend some cut resistant gloves to avoid accidents.
- Make Dressing Ahead: If you have some time, make the dressing ahead of time and place it in the fridge for an hour or more to let the flavors combine.
- Spiralize It: If you have a spiralizer, you can also spiralize the cucumbers into flat ribbon shapes instead of slicing them. It’s a fun presentation idea!
- Storage + Make Ahead Tips: This salad is best served immediately or within 30 minutes if you choose to chill it first. It does not store well once mixed. To prep ahead, mix the dressing and store in a separate container from the sliced cucumbers. Toss together just before serving.
- If you love cucumber salad, then you might also want to try this Creamy German Cucumber Salad recipe.
Keywords: cucumber yogurt salad, cucumber dill salad, cucumber greek salad