This Christmas Caprese Salad consists of tomatoes, bocconcini and fresh basil arranged in the shape of a candy cane. A delicious, simple salad that will add a fun, festive touch to your holiday table!
- On a large platter, arrange alternate slices of tomato, bocconcini and fresh basil to form the shape of a candy cane. Overlap each of these ingredients to form the different coloured stripes of a candy cane. Note: See pictures in the post for a visual.
- Before serving, drizzle over some olive oil, balsamic vinegar and balsamic glaze. Sprinkle on some salt and pepper to taste.
- I suggest dressing the salad later at the table so that everybody can first see how cute this Christmas Caprese Salad is!
- I left the quantity of tomatoes and cheese up to you – depending on how large of a salad you want to make. For reference, I used 3 vine-ripened tomatoes and 250g (8 oz) of bocconcini in mine.
- Balsamic Glaze: You can make your own balsamic glaze or purchase one. I used the Nonna Pia’s Classic Balsamic Glaze which was delicious. (Find it on Amazon or Well.ca)
Keywords: Christmas Caprese salad, festive salad, Christmas salad, holiday salad, Christmas appetizer