This super easy Monster Halloween Veggie Tray transforms basic veggies and dip into a spooky and fun Halloween appetizer, healthy kid-friendly snack or cute side dish. Perfect for Halloween parties!
- Variety of raw vegetables (e.g. carrots, celery sticks, cucumber, bell peppers, broccoli, cauliflower, cherry tomatoes, sugar snap peas, etc.)
- Dip (one or more of your favorite homemade or store bought dips)
- Special equipment: variety of glassware and craft googly eyes
- Gather glassware: Grab a variety of glassware in different shapes and sizes (e.g. different types of drinking glasses, small wide mouth mason jars, small clean vases, etc.).
- Attach eyes: Turn the glassware into “monsters” by attaching some craft googly eyes. Use a variety of different sizes and have fun with it! (I like to apply them with small pieces of double sided tape to make it easy to remove them later).
- Fill: Fill up each piece of glassware with a different type of veggie or dip. Keep it small and simple or make it large and elaborate based on your needs. Arrange all the glassware on a board, tray or even just directly on the table or counter where you will be serving it.
- Glassware Tips: Using clear glassware lets you see the colors of the veggies. Don’t pick glassware that is too tall or it will be difficult to grab the veggies out of it.
- You can cut veggies like carrots, celery and peppers into longer sticks to make it look like spiky “hair” is sticking out from the top of the “monster” glass.
- Make Ahead Tip: You can prep a number of things ahead of time like attaching the googly eyes to the glassware, storing cut up veggies in the fridge and purchasing or making the dip(s). Once it’s time to serve, all you need to do is fill up the glassware with the prepped veggies and dip.
Keywords: halloween veggie tray, halloween vegetables, halloween appetizer