Add amazing flavor to your food with this homemade bouillon powder. You’re going to want to add this stuff to EVERYTHING! Easy to make, super flavorful and much healthier than store bought. It’s naturally vegetarian but tastes just like chicken bouillon powder and can also be used as a chicken broth substitute.
- Blend Together: Place all the ingredients into a blender or food processor and blitz until combined and powdery.
- Store: Store in a sealed jar or airtight container for up to 1 year.
- Stir It Together: You can also just simply stir the ingredients together. It will be more textured instead of a powder and the flavor isn’t as concentrated as the blended version but it is still delicious.
- Storage Tips: Store in a sealed jar or airtight container in a dry, cool area away from direct light to keep it fresh longer. Lasts for up to 1 year if your ingredients are fresh to start with. I like to store it in these cool Ball 8-oz jars or these regular half-pint wide mouth jars. Using chalk labels and a chalk marker are a great way to label them.
- Chicken Broth Substitute: Just mix 1 teaspoon per cup hot or boiling water (or to taste). If using the stirred version of the bouillon, you will need to use 1 tablespoon since the flavor is not as concentrated as the blended version.
- Ways To Use It: Such a versatile seasoning that can be used in a number of ways to add amazing flavor to your food. See the “Ways To Use It” section in the post for ideas.
- Variations: You can easily customize this recipe by switching up the herbs and spices used. The nutritional yeast is the only ingredient that cannot be substituted since this is what provides the chicken bouillon type flavor and texture. A recipe variation that I sometimes make uses Herbamare: 1 cup nutritional yeast, 2 tablespoons salt, 2 tablespoons Herbamare, 2 tablespoons onion powder, 1 teaspoon garlic powder and 1 teaspoon ground turmeric.