This Pomegranate and Pistachio Dark Chocolate Bark recipe is an incredibly easy to make and delicious holiday treat! Only four simple ingredients are needed!
- 300 grams or 10 ounces quality dark chocolate, chopped into small pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan or sea salt
- 3/4 cup pomegranate arils (roughly the quantity from 1 pomegranate)
- 1/2 cup unsalted, shelled pistachios, roughly chopped
- Prep: Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Melt Chocolate: Place chocolate in a heat-proof bowl set over a small pot of gently simmering water (make sure water doesn’t touch the bottom of the bowl). Stir chocolate until almost fully melted (about 90% melted). Remove from heat and continue to stir until chocolate is fully melted. Add salt and stir to combine.
- Pour: Pour melted chocolate onto the center of the lined baking sheet and spread out into a rectangular shape (roughly 8×10 inches and 1/4 inch thick). It won’t fill the whole sheet.
- Sprinkle: Immediately sprinkle over the pomegranate arils and chopped pistachios. Press in gently.
- Cool: Place in the fridge for 30-60 min or until chocolate has hardened. If it is cold out, you can also place it on a covered deck or in the garage to harden. (Alternatively, you can allow it to set at room temperature for 2-4 hours).
- Serve: Break it up or cut into pieces and enjoy!
- I used the Lindt Excellence 70% Cacao Dark Chocolate Bar: US | Canada Sometimes I also mix in some of the 78% Cacao Chocolate Bar.
- Storage: If not eating immediately, store in a container in the fridge for up to 5 days or freezer for a couple of months (freezer is my preference). Line container with parchment paper and also place between layers to prevent sticking.
- Wipe Condensation From Bowl: Carefully wipe any condensation from the bottom of the bowl before pouring out chocolate onto the baking sheet (don’t want water to get into the chocolate or it could seize up).
- Dry The Pomegranate Arils: Pat the pomegranate arils with a paper towel to dry them off before sprinkling on top of the chocolate.
- Microwave: Alternatively, you can melt the chocolate in the microwave. Place in a microwave-safe bowl and warm up in 15-second intervals, stirring after each one until just melted.