Maple + Mango understands how important your privacy is. We are committed to protecting your privacy and any personal information we collect about you.
Information We Collect
- Information You Voluntarily Submit to the Website: The Site may collect personal information from you such as your name or email address. For example, you may voluntarily submit information to the Site by leaving a comment, subscribing to a newsletter, or submitting a contact form.
- Information We Collect from Others: The Site may receive information about you from other sources. For example, if you use a third-party software through the Site, they may transfer information to us for fulfillment.
- Automatically-Collected Information: The Site automatically collects certain information about you and the device with which you access the Site. For example, when you use the Site, the Site will log your IP address, operating system type, browser type, referring website, pages you viewed, and the dates/times when you accessed the Site. The Site may also collect information about actions you take when using the Site, such as links clicked.
- Cookies: The Site may log information using cookies, which are small data files stored on your browser by the Site. The Site may use both session cookies, which expire when you close your browser, and persistent cookies, which stay on your browser until deleted, to provide you with a more personalized experience on the Site.
How Your Information May Be Used
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience. Your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs.
- To improve service delivery and the quality of your visit. Maple + Mango monitors and analyzes traffic and use of its Site in order to determine which features and services are popular and useful to visitors and users, so that we can improve our content and services and better tailor our services to our users’ interests and needs.
- To process transactions. Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
- To send periodic emails. The email address you provide may be used to send you newsletters or information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions. You may opt out of future email communications by following the unsubscribe links in our emails.
- Third party use of personal information. The Site may share your information with third parties when you explicitly authorize us to share your information. Additionally, the Site may use third-party service providers to service various aspects of the Site. Each third-party service provider’s use of your personal information is dictated by their respective privacy policies. The Site currently uses the following third-party service providers:
- Google Analytics – this service tracks Site usage and provides information such as referring websites and user actions on the Site. Google Analytics may capture your IP address, but no other personal information is captured by Google Analytics.
- ConvertKit – this service is used for delivery of email updates and newsletters. ConvertKit stores your name and email address for purposes of delivering such communications.
- Paypal – this service is used for payment processing on e-commerce products. At no time is your banking information passed to the Site. We receive only information used for order fulfillment and reporting.
- The Site may use other software to aid in processing and creation of contact forms. These service providers pass information directly to the Site and nothing is stored on a third-party server as a result.
We maintain security measures to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, misuse, or disclosure. This Site is run on a secure server using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology which ensures that all data passed between the web server and browsers remain private and integral.
However, no exchange of data over the Internet can be guaranteed as 100% secure. While we make every effort to protect your personal information shared with us through our Site, you acknowledge that the personal information you voluntarily share with us through this Site could be accessed or tampered with by a third party. You agree that we are not responsible for any intercepted information shared through our Site without our knowledge or permission. Additionally, you release us from any and all claims arising out of or related to the use of such intercepted information in any unauthorized manner.
Third party links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We are not responsible or liable for the privacy policies, practices, content or activities of third parties.
Advertising to Children
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act), we do not knowingly collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older.
Individuals Under 18 – No personal information should be submitted or posted on this Site by individuals under 18 years of age without their parents or guardian’s permission.
USE OF THE SITE
Information provided on the Site are subject to change. Maple + Mango makes no representation or warranty that the information provided, regardless of its source is accurate, complete, reliable, current, or error-free. Maple + Mango disclaims all liability for any inaccuracy, error, or incompleteness in the content.
The information, products and services offered on or through the Site and any third-party sites are provided “as is” and without warranties of any kind either express or implied. To the fullest extent permissible pursuant to applicable law, we disclaim all warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. We do not warrant that the site or any of its functions will be uninterrupted or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that any part of this site, including bulletin boards, or the servers that make it available, are free of viruses or other harmful components.
Copyright protection is automatic in Canada. A work need not be registered with the Canadian Copyright Office nor does it have to be marked with a © to indicate that it is copyright protected.
All materials published or otherwise accessible through this Site including, but not limited to, text, photographs, images, illustrations, audio clips, video clips, software and other materials (the “Content”) are protected by copyright, and are owned or controlled by Maple + Mango and any others which may own copyright or the party credited as the provider of the Content. Unauthorized copying or commercial publication or exploitation of text, images, audio and video clips and other content of this website including publication, retransmission, broadcast, circulation, selling, reproduction or redistribution, except as authorized by Maple + Mango, is specifically prohibited. Anyone wishing to use any text, images, audio and video clips and other content for commercial use, publication, or any purpose other than fair dealing as defined by Canadian law, must request and receive prior written permission from Maple + Mango. You covenant and agree not to use any screen scraping, framing, bots, spiders, crawlers, avatars, intelligent agents or other automated processes on this website or its content without written consent. Permission for such uses may be granted on a case-by-case basis at the sole discretion of Maple + Mango.
You may establish a hypertext link to the Site so long as the link does not state or imply any sponsorship of your site by use or by the Site. However, you may not, without our prior written permission, frame or inline link any of the content of the Site, or incorporate into another website or other service any of our material, content or intellectual property.
Intellectual Property Rights
Our Intellectual Property: This Site and all the materials available on the Site are the property of us and/or our affiliates or licensors, and are protected by copyright, trademark, and other intellectual property laws. The Site is provided solely for your personal non-commercial use. You may not use the Site or the materials available on the Site in a manner that constitutes an infringement of our rights or that has not been authorized by us. You may not modify, publish, transmit, participate in the transfer or sale of, create derivative works from, distribute, display, reproduce or perform, or in any way exploit in any format whatsoever any of the Site or Service, Content or intellectual property, in whole or in part, without our prior written consent.
Intellectual Property Rights to Your Materials: By posting or submitting any material (including, without limitation, comments, blog entries, photos and videos) to us via the Site and/or by email, you are representing: (i) that you are the owner of the material, or are making your posting or submission with the express consent of the owner of the material; and (ii) that you are thirteen years of age or older. You agree to hold Maple + Mango harmless from and against all claims, liabilities, and expenses arising out of any potential or actual copyright or trademark misappropriation or infringement claimed against you. By posting material on the Site, you grant us a royalty-free, perpetual, unrestricted, nonexclusive, irrevocable, worldwide license to use the material for promotional, business development, and marketing purposes.
Third Party Resources
Throughout the Site, we may provide links to third party websites and resources. You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible or liable for the availability, accuracy, content, or policies of third party websites or resources. Our linking to such third-party sites does not imply an endorsement or sponsorship of such sites, or the information, products or services offered on or through the sites. In addition, neither we nor affiliates operate or control in any respect any information, products or services that third parties may provide on or through the Site or on websites linked to by us on the Site. You acknowledge sole responsibility for and assume all risk arising from your use of any such websites or resources.
You agree at all times to defend, indemnify and hold us harmless from and against any and all claims, losses causes of actions, damages, settlements, liabilities, costs and expenses, as well as third party claims and causes of action, including legal fees and expenses, arising out of or related to your breach of any obligation, warranty, representation or covenant set forth herein.
Health and Wellness Disclaimer
The information on Maple + Mango is for informational purposes only, based on my own thoughts, knowledge and experiences. You should not use this information to diagnose or treat a health problem without consulting a qualified health professional. The author is not to be held liable for any loss or other damages including but not limited to special, incidental, consequential, or any other damages.
Full Disclosure Affiliate Policy
Maple + Mango participates in affiliate programs. Many (but not all) of the links on the Site are affiliate links. This means that a special tracking code is used and that I may make a small commission if something is purchased through one of these links at no additional cost to you. The compensation received will never influence the content, topics or posts found on www.mapleandmango.com and we will never promote a brand or product that we do not fully support. The views and opinions expressed on Maple + Mango are always our own and we will only share our 100% honest opinions. Maple + Mango will only share brands and products that we would personally use, trust, and align with the Maple + Mango philosophy. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.
Maple + Mango is a participant in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Limitation of Liability
Under no circumstances shall we or our affiliates be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential (including among other things loss of revenue or profits), punitive, or exemplary, damages of any kind or subject to equitable or injunctive remedies (whether based on breach of contract, tort, negligence, strict liability or otherwise) arising out of access to, or use of this Site, or delay or inability to use this Site or any information contained in this Site.
As a condition of your use of this Site, you agree to indemnify Maple + Mango and its affiliates from and against any and all liabilities, expenses (including legal fees) and damages arising out of claims resulting from your use of this website, including without limitation any claims alleging facts that, if true, would constitute a breach by you of these terms and conditions.
You specifically acknowledge and agree that we are not liable for any defamatory, offensive or illegal conduct of any user. If you are dissatisfied with the Site, any materials, products, or services on the Site, or with any of the Site’s terms and conditions, your sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using the Site and the products, services and/or materials.
This Site is continually under development and we make no warranty of any kind, implied or express, as to its accuracy, completeness or appropriateness for any purpose.
Effect of Headings
The subject headings of the paragraphs and subparagraphs of these Terms and Conditions are included for convenience only and shall not affect the construction or interpretation of any of its provisions.
We may cancel or terminate your right to use the Site or any part of the Site at any time without notice. In the event of cancellation or termination, you are no longer authorized to access the part of the Site affected by such cancellation or termination. The restrictions imposed on you with respect to material downloaded from the Site, and the disclaimers and limitations of liabilities set forth in these Terms of Service, shall survive.
If there are any questions regarding our terms and conditions or policies, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Updated: January 2019