Get ready for Halloween with this Puking Pumpkin Taco Board. A trio of pumpkins “puking” salsa, guacamole and sour cream will transform taco night into a fun Halloween themed dinner that both kids and adults will love!
- 3 small pumpkins (I like the size of sugar or pie pumpkins)
- salsa (thick and chunky style salsa works best)
- sour cream
- your favourite taco shells and fillings
- Carve Pumpkins: Hollow out the pumpkins and carve a simple “vomit” face (or get creative and carve any face you like).
- Arrange Toppings: Place the carved pumpkins on a large board or platter. Arrange the salsa, guacamole and sour cream to resemble vomit coming out of each pumpkins’ mouth onto the board or platter.
- Add Tacos: Arrange tacos around the board. Option 1: Fully assembled tacos excluding the “wet” toppings that will be added on later from the puking pumpkin board. Option 2: Build your own taco bar with all the components placed in separate dishes around the board.
- Pumpkin Carving Tips: Carve the mouth low down on the pumpkin to make it easier to arrange the toppings to look like “vomit” flowing out onto the board. Draw an outline first and then use a pumpkin carving knife (so much easier than a kitchen knife).
- Make It Ahead: Carve the pumpkins ahead of time to make this a quick and easy dinner or party idea.
- This puking pumpkin board could also be served with nachos or tortilla chips.
- Adjust quantity of toppings and tacos depending on number of people being served. This can be the centrepiece for a small family taco night or a large party.
Keywords: puking pumpkin, Halloween, fall, party