This Strawberry Overnight Oats recipe is creamy, delicious and features sweet, juicy strawberries. Yum! Prep them in just 5 minutes for a quick and easy make ahead breakfast (or snack).
- Macerate strawberries: In a small bowl, stir together the chopped strawberries with 1 teaspoon of sweetener (honey, maple syrup or organic cane sugar). Set aside.
- Mix: Add the remaining ingredients to a jar, container or bowl. Stir together until combined. Add the strawberries and stir through.
- Refrigerate: Cover and place in fridge overnight (or at least 3-4 hours).
- Serve: Add some toppings if you like (see notes for ideas), grab a spoon and dig in!
- Macerated Strawberries: The strawberries will continue to macerate while soaking in the overnight oats mixture in the fridge. However, you can also allow the strawberries to fully macerate before adding to the oat mixture if you have some time. Just let them sit in the bowl with the sweetener for about 30 minutes to become juicy and extra sweet!
- Storage: Up to 5 days in a sealed jar or container in the fridge. I like to use these 16-oz wide mouth mason jars with plastic storage lids. There is enough space to mix the ingredients together directly in the jar with room left to add toppings before serving. Smaller jars like these ones are also great if you prefer to split it up into smaller portions.
- Meal Prep: This recipe is perfect for meal prep! A larger batch can either be made in a single larger container or separated out into multiple single serving jars.
- Topping Ideas: fresh sliced strawberries, toasted coconut flakes, sliced bananas, chocolate chips, granola, etc.
- Layered Assembly: The layered look requires a little more work. Store the strawberries and oat mixture separately overnight in the fridge. The next morning, the oats will have thickened and you can easily layer the components in a jar.
Keywords: strawberry overnight oats, strawberry oatmeal, overnight oats with greek yogurt