These Chocolate Coconut Cream Stuffed Strawberries are deliciously decadent and easy to make. The perfect treat for date nights, parties or special occasions like Valentine’s Day!
- Strawberries (quantity depends on how many you want to make!)
- 1 400 ml/14 oz can of full fat coconut milk, refrigerated overnight
- 1.5 cups chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of himalayan or sea salt
- Scoop Out Strawberries: Cut the tops off of the strawberries and a bit of the tip off the bottom so that the strawberry will sit flat. Using a melon baller (or small measuring spoon), scoop out a hole in the top of each strawberry to make room for the filling. Note: Make sure not to scoop all the way through – just scoop out white part to create a little “bowl”.
- Make Filling: Open the can of coconut milk that has been refrigerated overnight and scoop out the solid cream layer. Reserve the coconut water for another use like a smoothie. Place the coconut cream and chocolate chips in a small pot. Melt together over low heat while stirring occasionally. Stir through the vanilla and pinch of salt once melted.
- Fill Strawberries: Dry off the scooped out section of the strawberries with some paper towel. Fill each of the strawberries with the chocolate mixture. For more control, first pour the chocolate filling into a glass measuring cup with a spout.
- Serve: Pop in the fridge for 20-30 min to harden up a bit and then enjoy! These are best eaten the same day since the strawberries will start to get “juicy” if stored for too long.
- Larger strawberries work best! They are easier to scoop out and have more space for the filling.
- Use full fat canned coconut milk! Coconut milk beverages typically found in cartons or low fat canned coconut milk will not separate when refrigerated to provide you with the solid cream layer that is needed. I have had a lot of luck with the consistency of the Thai Kitchen organic coconut milk (Amazon | Well.ca) and I have also heard good things about the Native Forest brand.
- Leftover Filling: You will have leftover filling unless you are making a ton of strawberries. Pop leftovers into the fridge to enjoy in a number of ways: whip it up to make a chocolate frosting, use it as a spread or reheat it to drizzle over pancakes, french toast, waffles, oatmeal, ice cream or a bowl of berries.
- Toppings: You could also top these with some shredded coconut, sprinkles, white chocolate shavings, chopped nuts, cacao nibs or even a drizzle of caramel sauce.
- Dairy-free / Vegan: Simply make sure to use dairy free chocolate chips.