This citrus blender margarita recipe is refreshing, easy to make and bursting with fresh citrus flavor. Perfect to enjoy on taco night, hot summer days or Cinco de Mayo!
- 1 orange
- 1 lemon
- 1 lime
- 1/4 cup tequila
- 1/4 cup grand marnier
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup organic cane sugar (or to taste)
- 4 cups ice cubes
- Optional: lime wedge and salt (himalayan salt, coarse sea salt or kosher salt) for rimming glasses
- Rim glasses with salt (optional): Pour some salt onto a plate or in a shallow bowl. Run a lime wedge along the rim of your glass and dip the rim into the salt. Repeat with remaining glasses and set aside.
- Peel citrus: Use a knife to slice off the peel and pith from the orange, lemon and lime, leaving just the flesh (see notes). Cut into chunks and inspect for seeds, removing any that are found.
- Blend: Place all the ingredients in a high powered blender and blend on high until combined (slushy texture). Taste test and adjust sweetener, tequila or ice if desired.
- Serve: Pour into your glasses and enjoy!
- How to peel and de-pith citrus: See the Helpful Tips section of the post (includes step-by-step explanation and pictures).
- If you like a stronger drink, substitute the water for extra tequila.
Keywords: citrus margarita, blender margarita recipe, frozen margarita, Vitamix margarita, Cinco de Mayo drink