This citrus blender margarita recipe combines three types of citrus into a delicious, refreshing drink. Perfect for Cinco de Mayo or a fun patio sipper!
Delicous frozen drinks – YES PLEASE! With Cinco de Mayo coming up, I just had to blend up a batch of this refreshing citrus margarita recipe. Sipping on this frozen margarita is giving me some serious patio vibes – BRING SUMMER ON!!
You won’t find any neon bottled margarita mixer in this drink – none of those additives or highly processed ingredients here. Just a mix of three types of citrus (orange, lime and lemon), a couple of other ingredients and a blender are needed. This drink pairs perfectly with Mexican food like tacos or a bowl of chips and salsa or guacamole. Also perfect for those times where you just want to pretend that you are off on a tropical vacation somewhere (which let’s face it, is like always!)
Shall we make a batch…..si!!!
Citrus Margarita Ingredients
To make these fresh citrus margaritas, you will need:
- Tequila: What would a margarita be without tequila? I used a gold tequila when I made it but any tequila you like will work.
- Grand Marnier: This orange flavoured liqueur pairs perfectly with the citrus in this drink.
- Orange, Lemon + Lime: Not shocking that a citrus margarita needs a variety of fresh citrus! You will need a whole orange, lemon and lime (peeled and seeded).
- Organic Cane Sugar: To add some sweetness
- Ice Cubes: To blend this into a delicious frozen drink
- Pink Himalayan Salt: Used for rimming the glass which is optional
Other Equipment Needed
- High Speed Blender: You will need a good blender in order to get the perfect slushy consistency. This is the one that I have and love – Vitamix Professional Series 750
- Fun Glasses: You can use margarita glasses, mason jars or any other fun glasses that you have lurking in your cupboards.
How To Make Citrus Margaritas
These are super simple to make! In a few minutes, it will be time to sit back and enjoy – Cheers!
- Rim glasses: This is optional but if you like a salt rimmed glass then I would recommend doing this before blending up the drink. Simply run a lime wedge around the rim and dip in some himalayan salt that you have poured on a plate or shallow bowl.
- Blend It Up: Place all the ingredients in the blender and blend this baby up!
- Enjoy: Now comes the best part – sit down, relax and enjoy your margarita! This fresh citrus margarita is super refreshing and not very strong. If you like a stiffer drink, just substitute the water in the recipe for extra tequila.
This citrus blender margarita recipe combines three types of citrus into a delicious, refreshing drink. Perfect for Cinco de Mayo, jazzing up Taco Tuesday or sipping on the patio!
- 1/4 cup tequila
- 1/4 cup grand marnier
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 orange, peeled and seeded
- 1 lemon, peeled and seeded
- 1 lime, peeled
- 1/4 cup organic cane sugar (or to taste)
- 4 cups ice cubes
- Optional: himalayan salt, for rimming glasses
- If you like a stronger drink, substitute the water for extra tequila.