Say goodbye to boring old nachos and hello to these loaded veggie nachos! With layers upon layers of colorful veggies and ooey-gooey cheese, these vegetarian sheet pan nachos are guaranteed to be a crowd pleaser.
For the nachos:
- 1 (13-ounce/368 gram) bag tortilla chips (thicker sturdy chips work best)
- 3–4 cups shredded cheese (I like to use a mix of Monterey Jack, cheddar and mozzarella)
- 1 can (14-ounce/398 ml) black beans or pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup corn kernels (fresh, frozen, canned or roasted)
- 1/4 cup pickled jalapenos
- 1 tablespoon taco or fajita seasoning
- 2 small tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped cilantro or green onions (or both)
- sour cream, salsa or pico de gallo and guacamole served on the side
- Preheat oven: Preheat oven to 400F / 200C. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Assemble nachos: Spread the tortilla chips out in an even layer on the baking sheet. Sprinkle half of the cheese over the chips. Top with beans, diced bell peppers, corn and pickled jalapenos. Sprinkle the seasoning evenly over the top and add the remaining cheese.
- Bake: Bake in the oven for 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Add fresh toppings: Remove from the oven and add the diced tomatoes, red onion, avocado, shredded lettuce and chopped cilantro and/or green onions.
- Serve: Serve immediately with sour cream, salsa or pico de gallo and guacamole on the side.
- Prep Tip: Have all the fresh toppings chopped and ready to scatter over the nachos as soon as they come out of the oven so that you can immediately dig in while the nachos are hot and the cheese is melty.
Keywords: loaded veggie nachos, vegetarian nachos, sheet pan nachos