Mango Mojito! A classic mojito with a fun tropical twist – this mango infused version is super refreshing and perfect for summer sipping! See instructions below for a single cocktail or the notes section for a pitcher that is perfect for entertaining.
- 1/4 cup mango chunks (either freshly cut or thawed frozen mango chunks)
- 1/2 lime, cut into wedges
- 1 teaspoon honey or sugar (optional or to taste)
- 5 fresh mint leaves
- 2 ounces (1/4 cup) white rum
- 2 ounces (1/4 cup) mango nectar
- ice cubes or crushed ice
- 4 ounces (1/2 cup) chilled club soda or sparkling water
- Optional garnish: sprig of fresh mint and slice of lime
- Tall cocktail glass: Preferably you want to use a taller glass like a Collins glass or highball glass. However, I have also used a mason jar before (so use what you have!).
- Muddler (or something to muddle with): A muddler is handy to have if you make a lot of cocktails at home. However, you can also use the handle of a sturdy wooden spoon, the end of a thinner rolling pin or the tamper that comes with some blenders like Vitamix.
- Muddle mango and lime: Add the mango chunks, lime wedges and honey or sugar (if using) to a tall cocktail glass. Muddle until the mango and lime wedges break down.
- Gently muddle mint: Add the mint leaves and lightly muddle just a few times to gently bruise.
- Add remaining ingredients: Pour in the rum and mango nectar and a handful of ice. Give it a stir to combine. Top with chilled club soda or sparkling water. Gently stir again.
- Garnish and serve: Garnish with a fresh sprig of mint and slice of lime. Add a thick straw for easy sipping and serve!
- DO NOT over muddle the mint! Otherwise the mojito may end up tasting bitter. This is why I suggest adding the mint after the mango and lime have already been muddled. Once you add the mint, just a few taps with the muddler is all it takes to gently bruise it, releasing the oils for a refreshing minty flavor.
- Make it a mocktail! Simply leave out the rum for a refreshing mango mojito mocktail or virgin mango mojito.
- For a smoother drink: I quite enjoy the little chunks of mango in this mojito from muddling. However, if you prefer a smoother drink, you can either use mango puree in place of the mango chunks (store bought or made by placing mango chunks in food processor or blender) or muddle/prepare the drink in a cocktail shaker and strain into a glass of ice before topping with club soda.
- For a pitcher (8 servings): Place 2 cups mango chunks, 4 limes cut into wedges and 3 tablespoons honey or sugar in a pitcher and muddle until mango and lime break down. Add 40 mint leaves and lightly muddle again. Pour in 2 cups white rum and 2 cups mango nectar and give it a stir to combine. If not serving immediately, stop at this point (cover and place in the fridge for up to a few hours). Once ready to serve, add ice cubes to the pitcher and pour in 4 cups club soda or sparkling water. Serve in glasses filled with ice, then garnish with extra mint and lime wedges, if desired.
Keywords: mango mojito, summer cocktail