Stay warm and cozy with this easy to make, delicious Orange Spice Mulled Tea recipe.
- 4 cups water
- 1 orange, sliced into rounds
- 8 whole cloves
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 4 cardamom pods
- 4 tsp black loose leaf tea (or 4 tea bags)
- Optional: sweeten with honey or organic cane sugar
- Combine water, orange slices and spices in a pot. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and add in the black tea. Cover pot and steep for 2-5 minutes.
- Strain and serve as is or sweeten with a little honey or sugar. You can also squeeze in a bit of fresh orange juice for sweetness.
- For an extra festive flare, garnish with a cinnamon stick and orange slice.
- Tip: You can also bundle everything in cheesecloth to avoid straining. Just pop the bundle out when tea is ready to serve.
- Spike It: Add in a shot of rum, brandy or Grand Marnier for a hot toddy style drink.