This Orange Spice Mulled Tea is steeped with orange slices, cinnamon, cloves and cardamom. It’s the perfect tea to cozy up with this holiday season!
Colder weather = sweaters, warm blankets and hot drinks! Or at least that is my basic formula for the Fall/Winter season since I am ALWAYS cold. To help stay warm and cozy, my hot drink of choice on a daily basis is some type of tea. This easy to make recipe gives your cup of tea a holiday twist with some traditional mulling spices and orange slices. It will also make your home smell comforting and festive!
Let’s make some tea, get cozy under a blanket and relax…
Orange Spice Mulled Tea Ingredients
You will need the following ingredients to make this Orange Spice Mulled Tea…
- Water: No surprise here since we are steeping tea
- Black Tea: Loose leaf or tea bags…your choice!
- Orange: 1 orange sliced into rounds
- Cinnamon + Cloves + Cardamom: These are the warming, mulling spices that will infuse the tea with flavour. Use the whole form versions vs ground.
How To Make Orange Spice Mulled Tea
This delicious tea is easy to make and has the added bonus of making your home smell amazing. Simply…
- Simmer Spices: Place water, orange slices and spices in a pot and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add Tea + Steep: Turn off the heat and add in the black tea. Cover and steep for 2-5 minutes.
- Strain: Strain the tea.
- Serve: Pour into a tea cup and get cozy! For a festive touch, garnish with a cinnamon stick and orange slice.
Tip: You can also bundle everything in cheesecloth to avoid straining. Just pop the bundle out when tea is ready to serve.
Detailed ingredient list and directions located in the recipe card below.
Here are a few ways to customize your Orange Spice Mulled Tea:
- Make It Sweet: Sweeten with some honey or organic cane sugar.
- Change The Spices: Switch up the spices to change the flavour or use what you have on hand. Some other options include: allspice, nutmeg or ginger
- Elevate the Orange Flavour: Squeeze in some fresh orange juice for sweetness and extra orange flavour.
- Make It Boozy: Add in a shot of rum, brandy or Grand Marnier for a spiked hot tea.
Health Benefits of Spiced Tea
Spiced tea like this Orange Spice Mulled Tea recipe offers the benefits of not only the tea, but also of the various spices added. Spiced teas are a rich source of antioxidants that help strengthen your body’s immune system. A few of the health benefits of the ingredients in this tea recipe include:
- Black Tea: Contains antioxidants and compounds that can help reduce inflammation in the body. Read more about the health benefits of black tea HERE.
- Cinnamon: Loaded with antioxidants, anti-inflammatory properties, helps reduce blood pressure and cholesterol, helps balance blood sugar levels.
- Cloves: High in antioxidants, antimicrobial properties, helps stabilize blood sugar levels.
- Cardamom: Rich in compounds that may fight inflammation.
- Orange: Good source of Vitamin C and antioxidants.
What To Serve With Orange Spice Mulled Tea
This tea is perfect on its own or paired with a delicious baked treat like these Apple Cinnamon Scones.
Do you love tea as much as I do? Let me know in the comments!Print
Stay warm and cozy with this easy to make, delicious Orange Spice Mulled Tea recipe.
- 4 cups water
- 1 orange, sliced into rounds
- 8 whole cloves
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 4 cardamom pods
- 4 tsp black loose leaf tea (or 4 tea bags)
- Optional: sweeten with honey or organic cane sugar
- Combine water, orange slices and spices in a pot. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and add in the black tea. Cover pot and steep for 2-5 minutes.
- Strain and serve as is or sweeten with a little honey or sugar. You can also squeeze in a bit of fresh orange juice for sweetness.
- For an extra festive flare, garnish with a cinnamon stick and orange slice.
- Tip: You can also bundle everything in cheesecloth to avoid straining. Just pop the bundle out when tea is ready to serve.
- Spike It: Add in a shot of rum, brandy or Grand Marnier for a hot toddy style drink.
⬇ PIN it for later! ⬇