Passion Fruit Margarita! A classic margarita on the rocks with a tropical passion fruit twist. This easy-to-make passion fruit cocktail is the perfect summer drink and great for Cinco de Mayo or taco night too!
- 1 ounce (30 ml) passion fruit pulp, see notes
- 1 ½ ounces (45 ml) tequila
- 1 ounce (30 ml) orange liqueur (I like to use Cointreau)
- 1 ounce (30 ml) fresh lime juice (about the juice of 1 lime)
- 1 tablespoon honey, or to taste (can also use agave nectar)
- Optional: lime wedge and salt, tajin or a combo of both for rimming the glass
- Rim the glass (optional): If you like a salted rim, then prep the glass first. Run a lime wedge along the rim of your glass and dip the rim into salt, tajin or a combo of both. Set the glass aside.
- Shake up the margarita mix: Add the passion fruit pulp, tequila, orange liqueur, lime juice and honey to a cocktail shaker along with a handful of ice. Cover and shake vigorously for about 15-30 seconds.
- Strain and serve: Fill the prepared glass with ice and strain in the passion fruit margarita mix over the top. Garnish if desired and enjoy!
- Passion Fruit: Each margarita uses 1 ounce (30 ml) passion fruit pulp which is 2 tablespoons. You will need 1-2 passion fruits, depending on size. Simply, slice the passion fruit in half and scoop out the pulp inside. Both the flesh and seeds are edible. Alternatively, you can also use frozen passion fruit pulp (thaw it first) or passion fruit puree.
- Honey: If your honey is not super runny, mix it together with a touch of warm water in a small bowl first to form a syrup. Thick honey doesn’t tend to combine well with the other ingredients in the cocktail shaker.
- Make A Pitcher (8 Servings): Pitcher margaritas are perfect for a crowd! To make a pitcher with 8 servings, you will need: 1 cup passion fruit pulp, 1 ½ cups tequila, 1 cup orange liqueur, 1 cup fresh lime juice and 1/2 cup honey (or to taste). Stir everything together in a pitcher until well combined and store in the fridge until needed. Serve over ice.
Keywords: passion fruit margarita, passion fruit cocktail