This simple warm asparagus salad recipe features delicious roasted asparagus, eggs with soft runny yolks (poached or soft boiled), parmesan shavings and toasted pine nuts. The ingredients really shine in this elegant (yet easy to make) spring/summer salad!
- 1 bunch asparagus (about 1 pound), trimmed (woody ends snapped off)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup parmesan shavings (see note)
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- Drizzle of extra virgin olive oil (or truffle oil)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste (I like to use sea salt or Himalayan salt)
- Roast Asparagus: Preheat the oven to 425F/220C and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Toss asparagus with olive oil and some salt and pepper. Spread out on the baking sheet and roast for 10-15 minutes (depending on thickness) or until just tender and the tips begin to turn golden and a little crispy.
- Cook Eggs: While the asparagus is in the oven, cook your eggs. Choose between poached eggs and soft boiled eggs. Whichever method you choose, the egg should have a runny yolk which will act as a sauce.
- Assemble + Serve: Divide the asparagus between 2 plates and top each with a poached egg (or soft boiled egg). Scatter some parmesan shavings and toasted pine nuts on top. Finally, drizzle over a bit of extra virgin olive oil (or truffle oil if you are feeling fancy) and season to taste with salt and freshly ground pepper. Cut into the egg to release the beautiful, runny yolk. Dig in and enjoy!
- Parmesan Shavings: Use a vegetable peeler to make thin parmesan shavings
- Toasted Pine Nuts: Lightly toast the pine nuts in a pan to really bring out the flavor.
- Perfect Poached Eggs: Learn how to make perfect poached eggs with the tips in this step-by-step tutorial.
- Soft Boiled Eggs: Learn how easy it is to make perfect soft boiled eggs in this post.
Keywords: asparagus salad, roasted asparagus salad, asparagus and eggs, asparagus salad recipe