This warm salad is the perfect Spring meal! The combination of roasted asparagus, egg with oozing yolk, parmesan shavings and toasted pine nuts is delicious.
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed (woody ends snapped off)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup parmesan shavings
- 2 tbsp toasted pine nuts
- Drizzle of EVOO or truffle oil
- Himalayan or sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Roast Asparagus: Preheat oven to 425F/220C. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Toss asparagus with a little olive oil, salt and pepper. Spread out on the baking sheet and roast for 10-15 minutes or until tender and slightly golden.
- Cook Eggs: While the asparagus is in the oven, cook your eggs. The choice is yours between soft boiled, poached and fried. Whichever method you choose, just make sure to have a runny yolk.
- Serve It Up: Divide the asparagus between 2 plates and top each with a cooked egg. Scatter over the top some parmesan shavings and toasted pine nuts. Drizzle over a bit of extra virgin olive oil (or truffle oil if you are feeling fancy) and season to taste with salt and freshly ground pepper. Break the yolk with the side of your fork and enjoy!
- Use a vegetable peeler to make thin parmesan shavings
Keywords: asparagus salad, roasted asparagus, asparagus and eggs