This delicious Strawberry Coconut Crisp recipe is super easy to put together and perfect for strawberry season. The perfect summer dessert that is also packed full of healthy, whole ingredients.
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup finely chopped nuts (almonds, walnuts, etc)
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 cups strawberries, stemmed and quartered
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot starch
- To serve: ice cream, whipped cream or yoghurt
- Preheat oven: Preheat to 400F/200C.
- Make topping: Mix together almond flour, rolled oats, shredded coconut, chopped nuts and coconut sugar in a bowl. Add in the melted coconut oil, honey and vanilla extract. Mix together until mixture is crumbly.
- Make strawberry mixture: Stir together the strawberry mixture ingredients in a large bowl.
- Assemble: Pour the strawberry mixture into a square baking dish (see notes) and scatter the topping mixture evenly over the top.
- Bake: Bake for 20 minutes or until strawberries are cooked and bubbling and topping is golden.
- I used a square 8×8 inch (20×20 cm), 2 QT (2L) glass baking dish. A typical rectangular casserole dish is too large and would require doubling the recipe. You could also bake this in individual ramekins.
- This dessert is also gluten-free and dairy-free
- Gluten-free: Make sure the oats state that they are gluten-free. Although oats are gluten-free themselves, there can be cross contamination in the facility that they come from.
- Dairy-free: Serve with a dairy-free option like dairy-free ice cream or coconut whipped cream.
Keywords: strawberry crisp, strawberry coconut crisp, strawberry dessert, healthy dessert