This delicious Strawberry Coconut Crisp recipe is super easy to put together and perfect for strawberry season. Not only is this a perfect summer dessert but it is also packed full of healthy, whole ingredients.
Who else loves strawberries as much as I do? Nothing beats the sweet smell of fresh, local strawberries! I can just eat them by the bowlful but sometimes I want a delicious strawberry dessert. This Strawberry Coconut Crisp recipe hits the mark.
This dessert is super easy to make and so yummy! It is full of juicy strawberries and makes the perfect summer dessert. Top it off with a scoop of ice cream or whipped cream to elevate it to the next level. If you are lucky enough to have any leftovers, it also makes a great breakfast topped with some yoghurt (just saying!).
Not only is this Strawberry Coconut Crisp delicious but it is also pretty healthy for a dessert. It is packed full of healthy, whole ingredients and is also suitable for gluten-free, dairy-free diets. Just make sure that your oats say they are gluten-free if you are trying to avoid gluten. Oats themselves are gluten-free but this ensures that there is no possible cross-contamination. In order to keep this dessert dairy-free, you can top it with a dairy-free ice cream or coconut whipped cream.
So grab some strawberries and let’s get started!
Strawberry Coconut Crisp Ingredients
To make this Strawberry Coconut Crisp recipe, you will need:
- Strawberries: This was probably obvious since strawberries are the star of the show here. Toss them with a little coconut sugar, lemon juice and arrowroot starch.
- Crisp Ingredients: A mixture of almond flour, rolled oats, shredded coconut, chopped nuts and coconut sugar. Some coconut oil, honey and vanilla extract hold it together.
- Toppings: You NEED a creamy topping since it completes this dessert in my opinion. Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream (regular or dairy free), fresh whipped cream (or coconut whipped cream) or a dollop of yoghurt.
How To Make Strawberry Coconut Crisp
To make this Strawberry Coconut Crisp recipe, simply…
- Mix Dry Ingredients: Mix together the dry ingredients for the topping: almond flour, rolled oats, shredded coconut, chopped nuts and coconut sugar.
- Add in Wet Ingredients: Add in the melted coconut oil, honey and vanilla extract to form the crumbly topping.
- Cut Strawberries: Stem and quarter the strawberries.
- Make Strawberry Mixture: Combine the strawberries, coconut sugar, lemon juice and arrowroot starch.
- Assemble: Place strawberry mixture in a square baking dish and scatter over the topping.
- Bake: Bake in a 400F oven for 20 minutes or until strawberries are bubbling and topping is golden. Serve it up while still warm!
Health Benefits of Strawberries
Not only do strawberries taste delicious but they also offer an abundance of health benefits:
- High in Vitamin C: 1 cup of strawberries contains 100% of your daily Vitamin C requirements.
- Boosts immunity: The high vitamin C content improves immune functioning.
- Great source of fibre: Strawberries are high in fibre which helps digestive function and bowel movements.
- Helps protect your heart: Strawberries are rich in fibre, Vitamin C and potassium which can help to protect against heart disease.
- Helps protect against cancer: Strawberries contain a range of powerful antioxidants which have protective effects against certain types of cancer.
More Strawberry Recipes
Here are some more recipes to enjoy during strawberry season…
- Healthy Strawberry Slushie
- Maple Custard with Strawberry Compote
- Watermelon Strawberry Popsicles
- Healthy Strawberry Gummies
- Chocolate Coconut Cream Stuffed Strawberries
- Strawberry Mojito Mocktail
- Strawberry Frosé Wine Slushie
This delicious Strawberry Coconut Crisp recipe is super easy to put together and perfect for strawberry season. The perfect summer dessert that is also packed full of healthy, whole ingredients.
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup finely chopped nuts (almonds, walnuts, etc)
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 cups strawberries, stemmed and quartered
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot starch
- To serve: ice cream, whipped cream or yoghurt
- Preheat oven: Preheat to 400F/200C.
- Make topping: Mix together almond flour, rolled oats, shredded coconut, chopped nuts and coconut sugar in a bowl. Add in the melted coconut oil, honey and vanilla extract. Mix together until mixture is crumbly.
- Make strawberry mixture: Stir together the strawberry mixture ingredients in a large bowl.
- Assemble: Pour the strawberry mixture into a square baking dish (see notes) and scatter the topping mixture evenly over the top.
- Bake: Bake for 20 minutes or until strawberries are cooked and bubbling and topping is golden.
- I used a square 8×8 inch (20×20 cm), 2 QT (2L) glass baking dish. A typical rectangular casserole dish is too large and would require doubling the recipe. You could also bake this in individual ramekins.
- This dessert is also gluten-free and dairy-free
- Gluten-free: Make sure the oats state that they are gluten-free. Although oats are gluten-free themselves, there can be cross contamination in the facility that they come from.
- Dairy-free: Serve with a dairy-free option like dairy-free ice cream or coconut whipped cream.
Keywords: strawberry crisp, strawberry coconut crisp, strawberry dessert, healthy dessert
⬇ PIN it for later! ⬇