This refreshing strawberry slushie recipe is super easy to make with just 4 simple ingredients and a blender. Perfect for hot summer days, kid friendly and made with healthy real food ingredients that you can feel good about!
- Place strawberries, water and honey into a blender. Blend on high until smooth. Tip: Taste and adjust sweetness by adding more honey and blending again. Remember that the sweetness level will be reduced once the ice is added.
- Add the ice cubes to the blender. Blend on high until the mixture reaches the consistency of a slushie. Too thin? Add in some more ice. Too thick? Add a touch more water.
- Pour into glasses and enjoy!
- Use a high powered blender: Using a high powered blender like a Vitamix is essential in order to achieve the perfect “slush consistency”. This is the specific Vitamix model that I currently use and love (but there are lots of other great options out there).
- Adjust sweetness before adding ice: I like to blend together the strawberries, water and honey first. Not only does it create a smooth strawberry mixture but it also allows you to easily adjust the sweetness to taste. The amount of honey needed will depend on how sweet your strawberries are and how sweet you like your slushies. Start off with 1 tbsp of honey, taste and add in more as needed (my kids like 2-3 tbsp). Just keep in mind that the sweetness will be reduced once the ice is added. Once your mixture tastes good, add the ice and continue blending.
Keywords: strawberry slushie, healthy slushie, summer drink