This Vegan Nacho Cheese Sauce recipe is not only delicious, easy to make and totally addictive but also dairy-free and nut-free!
- 1 cup peeled and chopped potatoes (thin skinned white or yellow potato)
- 1/2 cup peeled and chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red bell pepper (approx. 1/2 a pepper)
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup nutritional yeast (depends on the intensity that you prefer – I like using 1/2 cup)
- 3 tbsp water
- 3 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice (approx. 1/2 lemon)
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric
- Himalayan or sea salt + cayenne pepper, to taste
- Place the chopped potatoes and carrots in a small pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil and cook until very soft (approx. 10-15 min).
- Meanwhile, add the remaining ingredients (except for salt and cayenne) into a high speed blender and set aside.
- Drain the cooked potatoes and carrots and add to the blender. Blend on high until smooth. Add more water or avocado oil if needed to achieve the perfect consistency.
- Season to taste with salt and cayenne pepper. Serve immediately or keep warm in a small pot over very low heat until ready to serve.
- Storage + Reheating: Store leftover sauce in the fridge for up to 4 days. Reheat in a small pot over low heat (whisking in a bit of water if too thick).
- Smooth Consistency: To achieve a smooth and creamy texture, make sure to cook your potatoes and carrots until they are very soft and use a high speed blender like this Vitamix that I love.
- Ways To Use It: Serve it as a dip with tortilla chips, veggies or fries. Drizzle it over steamed broccoli, baked potatoes, nachos or pasta. Can be used in any “cheesy” way you can think of
Keywords: vegan nacho cheese, vegan cheese sauce, nut free, dairy free, gluten free