A Build Your Own Waffle Board is such a fun and beautiful way to serve breakfast or brunch. Perfect for special occasions or a leisurely weekend brunch!
- Waffles (either homemade or store bought)
- Toppings (see list of Waffle Topping Ideas)
- Fresh Fruit (e.g. bananas, berries, oranges, pomegranate, mango, peaches, etc.)
- Special Equipment: A board, serving platter or other base and small bowls to hold toppings
- Gather equipment: Grab a base to use (board, platter, tray, baking sheet, etc.) and small bowls or other dishes to hold toppings.
- Prepare fruit and toppings: Wash and cut the fruit. Gather and prepare the toppings by placing into small dishes if needed.
- Make waffles: Make homemade waffles or heat up some store bought waffles.
- Assemble: Arrange the waffles, toppings and fresh fruit on the board or serving platter. There is no right or wrong way to do this. I like to first place the small bowls of toppings on the board, followed by the waffles and then fill in the empty space with fresh fruit or dry toppings.
- I used my family’s favourite German waffle recipe.
- Keeping Waffles Warm: Place finished waffles in a 200F (90C) oven to keep them warm and crispy until ready to assemble the board. Arrange in a single layer either directly on the oven rack or on a baking sheet with wire baking rack set inside.
- Versatile: These waffle boards are so versatile. You can keep it small and simple or fancy and elaborate. The options are endless! Time to prep and the yield will vary depending on what items you include and the quantity. You can make a board for two people or for a crowd!
Keywords: waffle board, waffle breakfast, waffle brunch board