This Winter Holiday Salad is the perfect salad for Christmas, Thanksgiving or to enjoy any day all fall and winter long! Loaded with baby greens, pear, pomegranate, pistachios and goat cheese that all gets topped with a delicious pomegranate vinaigrette.
- 5 ounces baby arugula or mixed baby greens or baby spinach (142 g)
- 1 large pear, chopped
- 1/2 cup pomegranate arils
- 1/2 cup shelled pistachios
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- Prepare dressing: Whisk together all the pomegranate vinaigrette ingredients in a small bowl or shake together in a jar.
- Assemble salad: Place the greens onto a serving platter, in a large salad bowl or divided among individual salad plates. Scatter the chopped pear, pomegranate arils, shelled pistachios and crumbled goat cheese over the top.
- Serve: Drizzle the vinaigrette over the top of the salad right before serving or serve separately alongside the salad.
- Pomegranate vinaigrette: This recipe makes a generous amount of dressing. Just use as little or as much as you like and store any leftovers in the fridge for up to 1 week.
- What type of pear to use? Any type is fine. Just make sure that it is ripe but still somewhat firm. Nobody wants pear mush in their salad!
- Storage: This salad doesn’t store well once assembled. The greens will wilt and pear will brown. If making in advance, store all the components separately and chop up the pear and assemble right before serving.
- Christmas Salad: Arrange it in the shape of a wreath with a small bowl of the dressing in the center for a festive Christmas salad.
- Customize: Check out the “Possible Variations” section for lots of ways to customize this salad.
Keywords: winter salad, christmas salad, holiday salad, pomegranate salad