If you’re a fan of nachos (who isn’t?), you won’t be able to resist these cheesy steak nachos! Loaded with thinly sliced steak, melted cheese, all your favorite toppings and a drizzle of salsa verde crema. These nachos are a delicious easy way to use up leftover steak and a total crowd pleaser!
Easy Salsa Verde Crema:
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup salsa verde
- juice of ½ a lime
- pinch of salt
For The Nachos:
- 1 (13-ounce/368 gram) bag tortilla chips (thicker sturdy chips work best)
- 3–4 cups shredded cheese (I like to use a mix of Monterey Jack, cheddar and mozzarella)
- 1 ½ cups thinly sliced leftover steak (or freshly cooked)
- ½ small red onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup corn kernels (fresh, frozen, canned or roasted)
- ½ cup diced tomatoes or pico de gallo
- 1 avocado, diced
- ¼ cup roughly chopped cilantro or green onions (or both)
- ¼ cup pickled jalapenos (optional)
- Serve with: sour cream, salsa or pico de gallo, guacamole and lime wedges served on the side
- Prepare salsa verde crema: Whisk together the sour cream, salsa verde, lime juice and pinch of salt in a small bowl and set aside.
- Preheat oven broiler: Preheat the oven broiler to high heat. Optional: Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper for easy cleanup.
- Assemble nachos: Spread the tortilla chips out in an even layer on a large baking sheet. Sprinkle half of the cheese over the chips. Top with sliced steak, red onion and corn. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top.
- Broil: Broil for 3-4 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly and the chips are crispy. Watch carefully so it doesn’t burn!
- Add fresh toppings: Remove from the oven and top with the diced tomatoes or pico de gallo, diced avocado, pickled jalapenos and chopped cilantro and/or green onions.
- Serve: Drizzle over the salsa verde crema and serve immediately with sour cream, salsa or pico de gallo, guacamole and lime wedges on the side.
- Prep Tip: Have all the fresh toppings prepped and ready to go so that you can immediately dig in while the nachos are hot and the cheese is melty.
- Great leftover steak idea: This is one of my family’s favorite leftover steak recipes. We tend to throw an extra steak on the grill when having a steak dinner to make sure that we have leftovers to make these easy steak nachos!
Keywords: steak nachos, leftover steak nachos, easy steak nachos recipe, leftover steak recipe