This Chopped Veggie Salad recipe is a delicious combo of cucumbers, tomatoes, peppers, sweet onion and feta all tossed together with a simple vinaigrette. Super easy to make and the perfect salad for fresh summer veggies.
This Chopped Veggie Salad is one of my favourite summer salads. I make it year round though since it is so easy to make. However, it is super amazing in the summer when the veggies are local and so incredibly delicious.
This salad is as simple as chopping up some fresh veggies and tossing with a basic vinaigrette. Something magical happens though once the juices from the veggies mix in with the vinaigrette. It just makes me want to lick my bowl afterwards!😋
Some of the best dishes truly are the simplest! This Chopped Veggie Salad pairs beautifully as a side for grilled meats and seafood. Or just have a large serving with a chunk of fresh, crusty bread, your favourite beverage and enjoy the patio life!
Chopped Veggie Salad Ingredients
You will need the following fresh ingredients:
- Cucumber: Your choice as to whether you prefer a field cucumber or English cucumber.
- Tomatoes: Once again, your choice as to the types of tomatoes you want to include. I love the cherry and heirloom tomatoes during the summer.
- Bell peppers: Or capsicum depending on where you live:) I like to use one red and one green for the colour and different flavours.
- Sweet onion: Make sure it is sweet!
- Parsley: A good handful of fresh parsley.
- Feta or Goat Cheese: I love feta for its saltiness.
- Dressing: Simple vinaigrette of EVOO, red wine vinegar, oregano, salt and pepper.
How To Make Chopped Veggie Salad
This salad is super easy to make. Simply…
- Chop: Chop all the veggies and place them all in a bowl.
- Make the Dressing: Mix together the dressing ingredients.
- Toss and Serve: Toss together the chopped veggies, dressing and cheese. Enjoy!
Detailed ingredient list and directions located in the recipe card below.
What To Serve With Chopped Veggie Salad
Two of my favourite ways to enjoy this salad are:
- Grilled Meats + Seafood: This salad makes the perfect side dish for your favourite grilled foods like these marinated grilled steaks.
- Crusty Fresh Bread: In the summer, I can just eat a huge bowl of this salad with a hunk of crusty fresh bread (or garlic bread). Enjoying it on the patio with a glass of vino or sparkling water with lemon is summer perfection!
This Chopped Veggie Salad recipe is super easy to make and delicious. It is the perfect salad for fresh summer veggies.
- 1 cucumber, chopped into a large dice
- 2 tomatoes, chopped (or a pint of cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered)
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 sweet onion, roughly chopped
- Handful parsley, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled or diced feta or goat cheese (or to taste)
- Place all the chopped veggies in a large bowl.
- Whisk together the dressing ingredients in a small bowl or shake together in a jar.
- Pour the dressing over the veggies and toss to combine.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the top (or toss it through to combine).
- This salad pairs really well with grilled foods like these Marinated Grilled Steaks.
Want to save this for later? Pin this image ⬇ to Pinterest!