This Tandoori Chicken Kebabs recipe is super easy to make on the grill, tender and packed full of flavour. It’s the perfect recipe for a weeknight BBQ or for entertaining.
If you are looking for something different to throw on the grill then you have to try these Grilled Tandoori Chicken Kebabs. They are so tender and packed full of flavour. And did I mention that this delicious chicken dish is also incredibly easy to make? The hardest part is waiting for them to marinate!
These kebabs are perfect for both a weeknight BBQ or for entertaining. My mouth is watering just thinking about these kebabs so let’s get started!
Grilled Tandoori Chicken Kebabs Ingredients
To make this delicious chicken kebab recipe, you will need:
- Chicken Breasts: Boneless, skinless
- Onion + Bell Pepper: These are optional but I love to alternate them with the chicken on the skewer.
- Marinade: This yogurt based marinade keeps the chicken tender and so flavourful. It is a mixture of yogurt, garlic, ginger, onion, lemon, and a bunch of amazing spices.
- Skewers: Metal or bamboo skewers (I like flat metal skewers like these since they keep your food from spinning)
How To Make Grilled Tandoori Chicken Kebabs
To make these kebabs, simply…
- Make Marinade: Place marinade ingredients in a blender or food processor and blitz until smooth.
- Marinate Chicken: Coat chicken pieces in the marinade and place in the fridge for at least 3-4 hours or overnight.
- Skewer Chicken: Thread the chicken onto skewers. Note: if using bamboo skewers, let them soak for 20 minutes first. You can also alternate the chicken with chunks of onion and bell pepper if you like.
- Grill: Grill the kebabs over medium/high heat, turning occasionally until cooked through.
Detailed ingredient list and directions located in the recipe card below.
What To Serve With These Kebabs
Here are a few suggestions on what to serve with these Grilled Tandoori Chicken Kebabs:
- Basmati rice
- Naan bread
- Grilled veggies or salad like this chopped veggie salad
- Raita (cucumber yogurt dip)
This Tandoori Chicken Kebab recipe is super easy to make on the grill and the results are tender and delicious!
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
- Optional: 1 onion and red bell pepper cut into chunks
- Metal or bamboo skewers
- 1 cup plain yogurt (I like Bulgarian or Greek style)
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 thumb-sized knob of ginger, peeled
- 1/2 small onion, peeled
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan or sea salt
- Pinch of cayenne or to taste
- Place marinade ingredients in a blender or food processor and blitz until smooth.
- Combine chicken pieces and marinade in a container, glass dish or large Ziploc bag.
- Place in the fridge to marinate for at least 3-4 hours or overnight.
- Thread the chicken onto skewers. Option to alternate with some onion and bell pepper chunks.
- Cook on a preheated grill over medium-high heat for approx. 10 minutes or until cooked through, turning occasionally to brown all sides. Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- I like to use flat metal skewers like these ones since they prevent your food from spinning.
- If using bamboo skewers, remember to let them soak for 20 minutes before threading on the chicken.
- Serving suggestions: basmati rice, naan bread, grilled veggies or salad, cucumber raita
Keywords: tandoori chicken kebabs, chicken skewers
⬇ PIN it for later! ⬇