These Mango Popsicles are the perfect healthy summer treat that both kids and adults will love! Super delicious, refreshing and easy to make!
These mango popsicles sure do hit the spot on a hot day! The combination of sweet juicy mangoes, lime juice and a touch of honey makes the most delicious, healthy frozen treat. I just love how easy it is to make homemade popsicles with simple, real food ingredients. So grab a popsicle mold and let’s make some!
Here are a few of the reasons why I love these popsicles…
- Healthy Treat: Made using real food ingredients and naturally sweetened.
- Easy: Quick and easy to make.
- Delicious: These popsicles are so good – both kids and adults love them!
- Refreshing: Perfect frozen treat for hot summer days or anytime you need a little refreshment or some tropical vibes!
What You Will Need
To make these mango popsicles, you will need four simple ingredients…
- Mango: Sweet, juicy mango chunks
- Lime Juice: Freshly squeezed lime juice complements the mango
- Honey: I like to use local honey but you can also find quality raw or pure honey at the grocery store.
- Water Or Coconut Water: A bit of liquid is needed to help everything blend up.
Detailed ingredient list and directions located in the recipe card below.
Should I use fresh or frozen mango?
You can use either – whatever is easier and more accessible! If using frozen mango chunks, let them thaw first. This is important so that they blend up easily into a smooth mixture.
You will need the following equipment to make this popsicle recipe…
- Blender: Needed to blend up the popsicle mixture. Most blenders should work fine for this recipe but a high powered blender like a Vitamix does this with ease. This is the specific Vitamix model that I have used and loved for a few years now (but they are all great).
- Popsicle Molds: Avoid frustration by using a great popsicle mold. Here are some of my top picks for the best popsicle molds. My absolute favorite is this stainless steel mold.
How To Make Homemade Mango Popsicles
These popsicles are super easy to make! Simply…
- Add Ingredients To Blender: Place the water, fresh lime juice, mango chunks and honey into a blender.
- Blend: Blend until smooth. The blended mixture will look creamy even though it’s just fruit.
- Fill Molds: Pour mixture into popsicle molds. This is the popsicle mold that I used. Note: This recipe makes 6 popsicles using this mold but quantity will vary depending on the size of mold used.
- Freeze: Freeze for at least four hours (preferably overnight) and enjoy!
It usually takes between 4-8 hours for the popsicles to freeze solid. The timing will depend on your freezer and the size of your popsicles. I usually just freeze them overnight and enjoy the next day.
They tend to disappear very quickly around here! However, you can store them in the freezer for 1-2 months. They won’t go bad if stored for longer but the texture may change and develop frost.
You can simply keep them stored in the popsicle mold. If you prefer to unmold them, just wrap each popsicle up in plastic wrap or reusable beeswax food wrap first and then store in a freezer bag or airtight container.
Feel free to customize your popsicles. Here are a few options…
- Make it creamy: Substitute the water for some coconut milk for a creamy version.
- Switch the sweetener: Although I think the honey complements the mango really well, you could also substitute it for maple syrup, cane sugar, etc. Or just leave it out altogether if your mango is super sweet!
- Add some texture: You can add in some diced mango if you enjoy chunks of fruit in your popsicles.
I hope you love these mango popsicles! Leave me a comment below if you give them a try.Print
These Mango Popsicles are the perfect healthy summer treat that both kids and adults will love!
- 3 cups mango chunks, fresh or frozen (thaw first if using frozen)
- 1/3 cup water or coconut water
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup honey (or to taste)
- Blend: Place all the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Fill popsicle molds: Pour mixture into popsicle molds.
- Freeze: Freeze for at least 4 hours (preferably overnight) and enjoy!
- This is the popsicle mold that I used – my favorite! The recipe makes 6 popsicles using this mold (quantity will vary depending on size of mold used). Check out all my picks for the Best Popsicle Molds.
- Thaw frozen mango: If using frozen mango chunks, it is important to let them thaw first. This allows them to blend up easily into a smooth mixture.
- Storage: Store in freezer for 1-2 months. Keep popsicles stored in the popsicle mold or unmold and wrap each individually in plastic wrap or reusable beeswax food wrap and store in a freezer bag or airtight container.
Keywords: mango popsicles, mango ice pops, healthy popsicles, homemade popsicles, summer treat
⬇ PIN it for later! ⬇