Limoncello Spritz! This easy 3-ingredient limoncello cocktail is super refreshing and perfect for summer.
What Is Limoncello Spritz?
Limoncello Spritz is an easy and refreshing Italian cocktail, typically enjoyed on hot summer days. It features a combination of limoncello, prosecco and sparkling water or soda water. I like to also garnish it with some lemon slices and fresh mint. It’s basically a lemon flavored spin on the classic Aperol Spritz!
Reasons To Love This Limoncello Cocktail
This is the cocktail for you if you are a lemon lover! This lemon spritz is:
- Quick and easy to make: No cocktail shaker or fancy equipment needed. Just 3 ingredients poured into a glass filled with ice (and a garnish if you like). Easy!
- The perfect summer cocktail: Bubbly, refreshing and not too sweet- perfect for summer sipping! Another great summer limoncello cocktail to try is this Limoncello Tonic.
- Easy to scale: Make a single drink or a full pitcher for entertaining. It’s super easy to make a larger batch of this cocktail. The recipe card at the bottom includes instructions for both.
Ingredients You’ll Need
Here’s what you’ll need to make this limoncello spritz recipe:
- Limoncello: Best if chilled! I like to keep my bottle stored in the freezer.
- Prosecco: Or another sparkling white wine.
- Sparkling water: Or soda water.
- Ice Cubes: I prefer smaller ice cubes in a spritz but the choice is yours.
- Garnish: This is optional but I highly recommend garnishing with some lemon slices and fresh mint. Looks beautiful and also adds a pop of fresh flavor!
Detailed ingredient list and directions located in the recipe card below.
How To Make A Limoncello Spritz
To make a limoncello spritz, just remember this simple 3-2-1 ratio.
3 parts prosecco + 2 parts limoncello + 1 part sparkling water
Now just pour everything into a glass filled with ice and stir to combine – EASY!
I like to use a large wine glass or stemless wine glass for this cocktail but you can use any type of larger glass you like.
- Pour limoncello into a large wine glass filled with ice. Top with the prosecco and sparkling water (or soda water). Give it a gentle stir to combine.
- Garnish with lemon slices and a sprig of fresh mint. I like to tuck a few round lemon slices right down inside the drink.
Tip: Chill the prosecco, limoncello and sparkling water ahead of time. A limoncello spritz tastes best when all the ingredients have been chilled in advance.
Make A Pitcher
This cocktail is perfect for entertaining. You can either quickly make a number of individual drinks or put together a pitcher following the 3-2-1 ratio discussed above.
To make a pitcher of limoncello spritz: Pour limoncello into a large pitcher filled with ice. Top with prosecco and sparkling water (or soda water) and give it a gentle stir to combine. You can add some lemon slices and fresh mint directly into the pitcher or garnish the individual glasses when serving.
Measurements for a pitcher that serves 8 can be found in the recipe card notes below.
- Use a different herb garnish: Instead of mint, you could use basil, thyme or rosemary sprigs. They would all pair well.
- Add a different fruit garnish: Instead of or in addition to the lemon slices you could also garnish with orange or lime slices or fresh berries.
- Play with flavored sparkling water: Have some fun experimenting with flavored sparkling water. Just note that it will change the flavor of the cocktail.
- Make it less boozy: Adjust the proportions to use more sparkling water and less limoncello and prosecco.
Limoncello is a sweet Italian lemon liqueur originating from Southern Italy. It is made from the zest of lemons, sugar and a neutral alcohol like grain alcohol or vodka. Limoncello is the second most popular Italian liqueur (after Campari). It is traditionally served chilled as an after-dinner drink (digestivo) but is also a popular ingredient in cocktails for a pop of lemon flavor without the sourness.
Limoncello tastes sweet with an intense lemon flavor. It reminds me of lemon candies.
You can find limoncello at the liquor store or make it at home! I like to purchase it since I know that the Italian lemons used are different from those that I will find at my local grocery store. However, I also found this homemade limoncello recipe if you want to try making it.
More Summer Cocktails
Looking for more refreshing summer cocktails? Here are a few you might like…
Limoncello Spritz! This easy 3-ingredient limoncello cocktail is super refreshing and perfect for summer. See instructions below for a single cocktail or the notes section for a pitcher that is perfect for entertaining.
- 2 ounces (60 ml) limoncello
- 3 ounces (90 ml) prosecco (or other sparkling white wine)
- 1 ounce (30 ml) sparkling water or soda water
- ice cubes
- Optional garnish: lemon slices and a sprig of fresh mint
- Mix: Add limoncello to a large wine glass filled with ice. Top with the prosecco and sparkling water (or soda water). Give it a gentle stir to combine.
- Garnish: Garnish with lemon slices and fresh mint. This is optional but it looks beautiful and adds a pop of fresh flavor.
- Serve: Enjoy!
- Chill the ingredients in advance: A limoncello spritz tastes best when the limoncello, prosecco and sparkling water have been chilled ahead of time.
- For a pitcher (8 servings): You will need: 2 cups limoncello + 1 bottle prosecco (750 ml) + 1 cup sparkling water or soda water. Pour limoncello into a large pitcher filled with ice. Top with prosecco and sparkling water (or soda water) and give it a gentle stir to combine. Add some lemon slices and fresh mint into the pitcher or garnish the individual glasses when serving.
Keywords: limoncello spritz, limoncello cocktail, lemon spritz, limoncello prosecco
⬇ PIN it for later! ⬇