This Strawberry Mojito Mocktail recipe consists of a blended mixture of strawberries, mint leaves, lime juice and coconut water which is naturally sweetened with a bit of honey. It is then topped off with soda water and served over ice. A refreshing drink made from healthy, fresh ingredients that is perfect for a hot summer day!
This Strawberry Mojito Mocktail is a delicious, refreshing drink that is great any time of year but especially perfect for those hot summer days. I pretty much love everything with strawberries in it so this healthy twist on a classic cocktail is right up my alley. Here are just a few of the reasons why I will be making this mojito mocktail on repeat all summer long…
- Perfect for entertaining: This mocktail is a great party option since it is so versatile. It is both kid and adult friendly (sweeten it up with some extra honey for the kids if you like). Serve as is for adults refraining from alcohol or easily turn it into a cocktail by adding some white rum or vodka. Or transform it into a wine spritzer with the addition of white wine or rosé.
- Great for lazy summer days: It is equally perfect for those lazy summer afternoons spent solo on your deck, balcony or poolside with a good book.
- Light and refreshing: This is a spritzer style drink that is not overly sweet which makes it super refreshing and hydrating on those hot days.
- Easy to make: No need to muddle your ingredients like you typically would in a classic mojito. We are going to let the blender do the work – so much easier!
- You can drink multiples: Bet you can’t stop at just one! Luckily, this is a mocktail made from healthy, simple ingredients…so there is absolutely no need to hold back!
What’s The Difference Between A Cocktail And Mocktail?
The difference between the two is alcohol. A cocktail is a mixed drink that contains alcohol whereas a mocktail is a non-alcoholic drink. This strawberry mojito is a mocktail recipe but it could easily be turned into a cocktail by simply adding some rum or vodka. Makes a great drink for parties since you can easily serve it both ways!
What You Will Need
What’s in a mojito drink? Well a classic mojito is made from five ingredients: white rum, sugar, lime juice, mint leaves and soda water. However, this twist on the classic Cuban cocktail makes a few changes to transform it into a healthy, refreshing mocktail. This recipe eliminates the rum, adds in some juicy strawberries, hydrating coconut water and is lightly sweetened with honey. Just like the classic version though, this recipe also contains mint leaves, fresh lime juice and soda water.
You will need a blender to make this drink. A high powered blender like a Vitamix will ensure a smooth consistency instead of leaving little bits of mint behind that get stuck in your teeth. This is the specific Vitamix blender that I have and love (but they are all great!).
The only other things you need are some tall glasses and straws. Straws aren’t necessary but I love sipping this drink through a straw. Reusable straws are great to keep on hand at home and come in so many options: stainless steel, glass, silicone, etc.
How To Make These Strawberry Mojito Mocktails
You will be sipping on this drink in no time! Simply…
- Place coconut water, strawberries, mint leaves, fresh lime juice and honey in the blender.
- Blend on high until smooth.
- Fill two tall glasses with ice.
- Pour blended mixture into glasses, divided evenly.
- Top off with soda water (or sparkling water).
- Garnish glasses (optional garnish: strawberry, lime, mint) and ENJOY!
Detailed ingredient list and directions located in the recipe card below.
You can customize this mojito mocktail in so many ways! Here are a few options…
- Switch up the berries: Trade in the strawberries for blueberries or raspberries (or perhaps a mix).
- Adjust sweetness: This recipe is not too sweet. If your strawberries are not very sweet or you just prefer a sweeter mocktail, simply increase the amount of honey.
- Adjust mint level: Prefer your drink to be more minty? Add more mint. Less minty? Add less.
- Make it a slushie: Turn it into a frozen drink by adding all the ingredients into the blender with enough ice to reach your desired consistency.
- Make it a cocktail: Turn this mocktail into a cocktail by simply adding some white rum (vodka or gin would also be good). Or make it a wine spritzer by adding some white wine or rosé.
More Refreshing Drinks To Try
- Healthy Strawberry Slushie
- Pomegranate Lime Spritzer
- Vitamin C Powerhouse Smoothie
- Healthy Summer Mocktails
I hope you enjoy this refreshing mocktail! Let me know if you give it a try in the comments below!Print
This Strawberry Mojito Mocktail is a delicious, light and refreshing drink recipe made with a few healthy, fresh ingredients. Perfect for hot summer days!
- 1/2 cup coconut water
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 12 mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (usually from 1 lime)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 cup soda water or sparkling water
- Ice cubes
- Optional garnishes: strawberries, mint, lime
- Blend: Place coconut water, strawberries, mint leaves, lime juice and honey in a blender. Blend on high until smooth.
- Assemble: Fill two tall glasses with ice cubes. Divide blended mixture between the two glasses and top off with soda water (1/2 cup per glass).
- Enjoy: Garnish glasses if you like with strawberries, mint and lime. Pop in a reusable straw and enjoy!
- Quality ingredients make all the difference in a simple drink like this. I highly recommend using freshly squeezed lime juice, sweet in-season strawberries (if possible) and quality honey (I like to use local honey but you can also find quality raw or pure honey at the grocery store).
- Coconut Water: I love using coconut water in summer drinks since it is hydrating. Look for 100% coconut water like this one by Harmless Harvest. If you live in Canada like I do, then try the Thirsty Buddha brand which is what I used when making this drink.
- This drink can be customized in a variety of ways. Check out the “Possible Variations” section in the post for some ideas.
⬇ PIN it for later! ⬇