Looking for some leftover turkey ideas? Then you have come to the right place! Here are 58 amazing recipes to help you transform your turkey leftovers into something delicious. You’re sure to find something you’ll love!
What To Do With Leftover Turkey
As much as I love a good turkey dinner (especially when it features this spatchcock herb butter turkey), sometimes I look forward to the leftovers even more!
Wondering what to do with all that leftover turkey? I have compiled lots of ideas for you below! Everything from the classics to unique and creative recipes you need to try! With 58 ideas to choose from, you’ll never have to wonder what to make with turkey leftovers ever again!
It’s worth cooking more turkey than you need for Thanksgiving or Christmas just so that you can make these leftover turkey recipes!
Turkey Bone Broth (Turkey Stock)
First things first, carve the leftover meat off the carcass and use those bones to make this turkey bone broth (turkey stock). It’s so easy to make and incredibly delicious! This is a great way to use every part of your turkey!
- Homemade Turkey Bone Broth (Turkey Stock) by Maple + Mango
Now let’s move on to some ideas for that leftover turkey meat!
Turkey soup is a classic way to use leftover turkey. I look forward to it every year! Here’s a little soup tip: For the most amazing turkey soups, use homemade turkey stock. Believe me, it makes a big difference! Lucky for you, there is a recipe above 😉. Now on to the soups!
- Leftover Turkey Soup (Instant Pot + Stovetop) by Maple + Mango
- Creamy Enchilada Soup by Whole Food Bellies
- Thai Turkey Soup by Salt & Lavender
- Creamy Turkey Leek Soup by Slow The Cook Down
Speaking of classics, is there anything more classic than a leftover turkey sandwich? Every year, I make a sandwich piled with turkey, stuffing, cranberry orange sauce and a bit of mayo. Looking for a new sandwich idea? With 8 delicious ideas below, you are sure to find one you’ll love!
- Cranberry Pecan Turkey Salad Sandwich by WonkyWonderful
- Turkey Pesto Sandwich by The Dizzy Cook
- Turkey Salad by Dinner at the Zoo
- Leftover Turkey Banh Mi Baguette by Mrs Jones’s Kitchen
- Turkey Cranberry Crostini by Biscuits & Burlap
- Grilled Turkey Cranberry Cream Cheese Sandwich by Delicious On A Dime
- Cheesy Turkey Sliders with Cranberry by The Suburban Soapbox
- Leftover Thanksgiving Turkey Grilled Sandwich by The Spice Train
Why should bread have all the fun? Wraps are another easy way to enjoy that leftover turkey.
- Turkey Cranberry Wrap by The Wooden Skillet
- Turkey Bacon Ranch Pinwheels by WonkyWonderful
- Leftover Turkey Collard Wraps by Sunkissed Kitchen
No bland turkey here! How incredibly comforting and flavorful do these curry dishes look?
- 15 Minute Leftover Turkey Curry by Hungry Healthy Happy
- Leftover Turkey Tikka Masala by Kitchen Sanctuary
- Butter Turkey Curry by The Endless Meal
Nachos, Tacos + Taquitos
Nachos, taquitos and tacos are a super fun way to use that leftover turkey meat. Even more fun when you pair them with a Triple Citrus Frozen Margarita!
- Crispy Turkey Nachos by Kitchen Sanctuary
- Leftover Turkey Taquitos by Carolyn’s Cooking
- Turkey Carnitas Nachos by Luci’s Morsels
- Leftover Turkey Tacos by This Healthy Table
These quesadillas are perfect for an easy lunch or dinner!
- Turkey Cranberry and Brie Quesadilla by A Saucy Kitchen
- Leftover Turkey Quesadillas with Black Beans by Babaganosh
Turkey Pot Pie
Four delicious turkey pot pie recipes to choose from! How do you pick when they all look so amazing?
- Puff Pastry Turkey Pot Pie by Baked
- Turkey Marsala Pot Pie by Vikalinka
- Leftover Turkey Pot Pie by Babaganosh
- Cast Iron Skillet Turkey Pot Pie by Sugar Spun Run
Turkey Pasta Recipes
When I think of comfort food, I think of pasta! Put that leftover turkey to work in one of these comforting pasta dishes.
- Leftover Turkey Alfredo Skillet Meal by The Toasty Kitchen
- One Pot Turkey Tetrazzini by iFOODreal
- Green Chile Turkey Tetrazzini by GoodLife Eats
- Crock Pot Leftover Turkey Bolognese by The Endless Meal
- Leftover Turkey Pasta Bake by Where Is My Spoon
- Leftover Turkey Stroganoff by Grilling 24×7
Turkey Stews + Chili
Pass me a bowl! These are perfect to cozy up with on those colder days!
- Slow Cooker Southwestern Turkey Butternut Squash and Black Bean Stew by From A Chef’s Kitchen
- Healthy Turkey Stew Recipe by Laura Fuentes
- Turkey Fricassee by Where Is My Spoon
- Leftover Turkey Chili by The Clean Eating Couple
Turkey hash is an easy, one-pan recipe for those leftovers!
- Leftover Turkey Hash by Chisel & Fork
- Leftover Turkey Hash with Potatoes & Carrots by Always Use Butter
Dig into some cozy, comfort food! Everything from a pasta casserole to Shepherd’s Pie to some rice casserole dishes.
- Creamy Turkey Casserole by Little Sunny Kitchen
- Turkey Shepherd’s Pie by Butter Your Biscuit
- Cheesy Turkey and Rice Casserole by One Hot Oven
- Instant Pot Leftover Turkey Wild Rice Casserole by xoxoBella
Enchiladas are a delicious way to repurpose your turkey leftovers!
- Leftover Turkey Sweet Potato Enchiladas by Sunkissed Kitchen
- Thanksgiving Enchiladas by Burrata and Bubbles
Shred or dice up some leftover turkey meat and add it to your favorite salad or nourish bowl as a protein. Great idea for an easy and healthy lunch or dinner!
- How To Build A Nourish Bowl by Maple + Mango
Turkey Turnovers And Pockets
How fun are these? And easy too! They both use store bought pastry so don’t shy away from trying them.
Some Creative Ideas
This collection of unique and creative ideas deserved their own category. Some fun ways to use those turkey leftovers that I wouldn’t have thought of!
- Turkey A La King by amycaseycooks
- Instant Pot Turkey Congee by Sift & Simmer
- Turkey Alfredo Spaghetti Squash Boats by Culinary Cool
- Diner Style Turkey Croquettes by Ask Chef Dennis
- BBQ Turkey Stuffed Baked Potato by Hunny I’m Home
- Turkey Cranberry Pizza by Art From My Table
Use In Chicken Recipes
Let’s finish things off with a simple reminder. You know all those recipes you love that call for cooked chicken? Simply substitute it with your leftover cooked turkey! Well that just opened up a whole lot more ideas! Here are two of my favorites.
FAQ: Turkey Leftovers
Fully cooked leftover turkey can last for about 3 to 4 days stored in the fridge or 2 to 3 months stored in the freezer. So you’ll have plenty of time to make some of these delicious recipes!
The turkey stock, soups, curries, turkey pot pie, stews, chili, casseroles and some of the pasta dishes all freeze well and can be reheated to enjoy at a later time. Perfect for meal prep!
Lots of the recipes featured take under 30 minutes to make. The sandwiches, wraps and quesadillas are perfect for an easy lunch or check out the nachos for a fun and easy dinner idea.
Do I ever! Check out the soups, turkey pot pies, curries, pastas, casseroles, stews and chili. So many comfort food options in this roundup!
Healthy means something different to everyone. All of these leftover turkey recipes do feature real food ingredients. However, if you are craving a light, veggie packed dish after that heavy turkey feast, then might I suggest adding some leftover turkey meat to a nourish bowl.
What do you like to make with your leftover turkey? Let me know in the comments!
⬇ PIN it for later! ⬇