This Watermelon Strawberry Popsicle recipe is healthy, easy to make and absolutely delicious. A refreshing treat that tastes like summer!
There is nothing better in the summer than a refreshing popsicle. Kids love them as well as adults! Homemade popsicles allow you to use fresh ingredients and play with your own flavour combinations. Watermelon and strawberries are usually consumed in abundance in my household during the summer. So I decided to combine them into a delicious frozen treat!
Most store-bought popsicles are basically a combo of highly processed sweeteners, artificial colours and flavours. And the cleaner brands you may find tend to be very expensive. Just grab yourself a popsicle mold, blend together a few ingredients and you can easily make your own instead!
What I love about these Watermelon Strawberry Popsicles:
- Made with a few real, whole food ingredients
- Tastes like summer 😎
- Refreshing on a hot day
- Absolutely delicious!!!
Watermelon Strawberry Popsicle Ingredients
You only need a few simple ingredients to make these popsicles:
- Watermelon: Juicy, refreshing watermelon forms the base of this popsicle mixture
- Strawberries: Sweet strawberries pair beautifully with the watermelon
- Lime: The zest and juice of a lime round out the flavours.
- Maple Syrup: This is optional depending on how sweet your fruit is or how sweet you like your popsicles. I usually like to add a little!
How To Make Watermelon Strawberry Popsicles
These popsicles are super easy to make. Simply…
- Blend: Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour: Pour mixture into popsicle molds.
- Freeze: The popsicles usually take about 4-6 hours to freeze but this will depend on your freezer and the size of your popsicles. I usually just freeze overnight and enjoy the next day!
Any popsicle mold should work for this recipe. I have had my fair share of the cheap plastic ones over the years. It usually went something like this: struggle forever under hot water trying to get a popsicle to loosen and then end up with just the stick in my hand (sigh!). These are the two types of molds that I own these days and let me tell you….they are so much easier to use!
- Stainless Steel Popsicle Mold: I have this exact one and it was so worth the purchase. Not only is it a beautiful set that produces great looking popsicles but it is also functional. 1) Seperate Popsicles: Each of the popsicles are seperate so you don’t have to pull out the whole set from the freezer just to get one popsicle. 2) Easy release: The popsicles slide out easily after 2 seconds under warm water. 3) Easy Stick Placement: Comes with covers to hold the sticks in place so no need to remember to insert them when the popsicles are half frozen. 4) Quality: I can see this set lasting me a very long time.
- Silicone Popsicle Mold: My set looks just like these. They are a push-up “freezie” style mold that I have had for years. They are great for young kids since you don’t need to deal with the mess of dripping popsicles. I also like that the lids are attached so you don’t lose them.
These Watermelon Strawberry Popsicles are healthy, easy to make and absolutely delicious. A refreshing treat that tastes like summer!
- 4 cups cubed watermelon
- 1 cup strawberries (hulled), fresh or frozen
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- Maple syrup to sweeten, to taste
- Place all the ingredients in a blender except the maple syrup. Blend on high until smooth.
- Add some maple syrup to taste (depends on how sweet your fruit is and how sweet you like your popsicles).
- Pour mixture into popsicle molds and freeze.
- This is the popsicle mold that I used. See post for more details.
- Popsicles take about 4-6 hours to freeze (time depends on your freezer and size of popsicles). I usually just freeze overnight and enjoy the next day.
⬇ PIN it for later! ⬇