A recipe roundup of Canada Day food ideas. This compilation of 20 recipes will provide inspiration to celebrate a delicious Canada Day on July 1st.
Canada Day is right around the corner – how is it almost July 1st?!? Not only is it a day to celebrate my beautiful country but it also symbolizes the start of summer fun. My kids are in school until the end of June so the start of July means the start of summer holidays for them (my feelings on this change daily or hourly at times 😜).
I have compiled 20 recipes below to celebrate Canada Day. Some are red and white, some are signature Canadian dishes and many of them are just great summer recipes to enjoy outdoors with your family and friends. So whether you are Canadian or just looking for some delicious new recipes…let’s dive in!
Drinks: Cheers to Canada Day!
You can’t celebrate Canada Day without a cold drink in hand! Here are two delicious and refreshing drink ideas:
These salads would be amazing as part of a backyard BBQ or picnic at the beach or park.
- Easy Pasta Salad by Love & Lemons
- The Perfect Simple Tomato Salad by My Kitchen Love
- Classic Potato Salad by Downshiftology
- Keto Bacon Coleslaw by Real Balanced
These 5 main dish recipes have me drooling and offer something for everybody (beef, chicken, fish and veggie options).
- The Best Marinated Grilled Steaks by Maple + Mango
- The Juiciest Grilled Chicken Kabobs by Gimme Some Oven
- Oh Em Gee Veggie Burgers by Oh She Glows
- Grilled Salmon With Avocado Salsa by The Cookie Rookie
- Juicy Organic Chicken Burgers With Pineapple Salsa by Joyous Health
Here are 5 delicious dessert ideas perfect for summer celebrations like Canada Day.
- Maple Custard With Strawberry Compote by Maple + Mango
- Canada Day Fruit Kabobs by Frugal Mom Eh!
- Strawberry Coconut Crisp by Maple + Mango
- Rum Soaked Grilled Pineapple by Fraiche Nutrition
- Canada Day Popsicles by Exploring Healthy Foods
Signature Canadian Dishes
Perhaps you want to celebrate with some traditional, iconic Canadian food. If so the following recipes should hit the spot!
- Authentic Canadian Poutine Recipe by Seasons & Suppers
- Nanaimo Bars by Earth Food and Fire
- Butter Tarts by Anna Olson
- Ultimate Caesar Cocktail by Girl Heart Food
HAPPY CANADA DAY!
Want to save this for later? Pin this image ⬇ to Pinterest!