Looking for healthy after school snacks that your kids will love? Choose from 40 options – something for everyone! Lots of fun healthy snack ideas for kids including both sweet and savoury options.
Are your kids hungry when they get home from school? I bet most of you are enthusiastically nodding your head “yes”. That was a silly question!
Healthy basics like cut up fruit or veggies and dip make excellent after school snacks. But sometimes it’s nice to add a few fun snacks into the mix (that also just happen to be healthy – don’t tell the kids!).
Need some ideas? Here are 40 fun and healthy snack ideas that your kids will love. Also perfect for adults so it’s a win-win!
These after school snack ideas are made from real food ingredients and most can be prepped ahead of time which makes them easy for kids to grab. Some of the nut-free options could also serve double duty and be packed into a school lunch. Speaking of packing lunch boxes, check out these easy lunch box ideas if this is something you struggle with.
Plan out some snacks for the week so that you can add the ingredients to your grocery list.
The ideas below include both quick and easy recipes as well as make ahead options that are ready for kids to grab throughout the week. You could meal prep a snack or two ahead of time or turn it into a fun cooking activity with your child!
40 Healthy After School Snacks That Kids Will Love
These kid friendly snacks are all made from real food ingredients. Let’s get started with a wide range of incredible sweet snacks and then move on to some delicious savoury options.
Fun Fruit Snacks
These recipes will transform standard fruit into fun and delicious snacks that your kids (and you too!) won’t be able to get enough of.
- Healthy Strawberry Gummies by Maple + Mango
- Apple Nachos With Peanut Butter And Chocolate by Curry Trail
- Frozen Yogurt Bark With Fruits by Simple Living Recipes
- Banana Peanut Butter Roll Ups by Eating On A Dime
- Chocolate Coconut Cream Stuffed Strawberries by Maple + Mango
- Homemade Applesauce Recipe by The Forked Spoon
- Easy Yogurt Fruit Dip by Love In My Oven
- Strawberry Fruit Roll Ups by Served From Scratch
What kid doesn’t love popsicles? The best part of making homemade popsicles is that you can incorporate a variety of fresh and healthy ingredients. They are also super easy to make! You can simply freeze your favourite smoothie mixture, yogurt or pureed fruit. Or have fun and get creative! Check out my favourite popsicle molds and these yummy popsicle recipes featuring fresh fruit!
Cookies + Muffins + Bars
Kids love baked goods! These cookies, muffins and bars are all made from real food ingredients, making them a healthy snack option.
- Banana Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies by My Pure Plants
- Peanut Butter and Jam Cookies by Crumb Top Baking
- Healthy Blueberry Muffins by Little Sweet Baker
- Vegan Banana Oatmeal Bars by Running On Real Food
- Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Bars by Eat The Gains
- Healthier Spider Cookies by Lau’s Healthy Life
- Green Monster Muffins by Love In My Oven
- Oatmeal Quinoa Chocolate Chip Cookies by Served From Scratch
No Bake Bars + Balls
These delicious bars and balls are quick and easy to make – no baking required!
- Raspberry Coconut Bites by Love In My Oven
- Chocolate Coconut Peanut Butter Balls by Clean Plate Mama
- Peanut Butter Oat Squares by Love Food Nourish
- Apricot Coconut Bliss Balls by It’s Not Complicated Recipes
- Peanut Butter Oatmeal Balls by Lemons + Zest
- No Bake Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars by Flavor The Moments
- Crunchy Peanut Butter Energy Balls by Krazy Kitchen Mom
- No-Bake Cheerios Peanut Butter Bars by Mommy Evolution
Smoothies + Slushies
Blending up a smoothie or slushie is a quick snack option that you can pack lots of healthy ingredients into. There are tons of combinations that you can blend up. To get you started, here is a healthy slushie recipe and easy smoothie that kids will love!
Healthy Savoury Snacks For Kids
Let’s move on to some savoury after school snacks now. First up, we have two classics. The first is “ants on a log” with a variety of topping options to choose from. The second is some good old hard boiled eggs which can be kept in the fridge for a quick, high protein snack. Make them fun for kids by drawing some silly faces on them or get your kids to do it (snack and art activity rolled into one!).
These snacks are all delicious options for kids who love savoury snacks!
- Healthy Kitty Rice Cakes by A Mummy Too
- Sammy’s On A Stick by Bakersbeans
- Roasted Cauliflower Popcorn by Curry Trail
- Homemade Rice Crackers by My Kids Lick The Bowl
- Homemade Nacho Cheese Sauce or Vegan Nut Free Nacho Cheese Sauce by Maple + Mango
- Filo Pastry Mini Quiches by A Mummy Too
- Kid Friendly Quinoa Pizza Bites by Suburban Simplicity
- Homemade Goldfish Crackers by My Sweet Mess
- Zucchini Slice by Maple + Mango
Healthy Packaged Snacks
Homemade snacks made from healthy ingredients are always a great choice but sometimes our busy lives and hectic schedules require some easy grab and go options. Packaged snacks can still be a healthy option for kids since there are lots of products available made from real food ingredients. Here are some of my favourite healthy packaged snacks for kids (great for adults too!).
What are your favourite healthy after school snacks for kids? Let me know in the comments!
⬇ PIN it for later! ⬇